Mech Defence Devblog 1: Hello World

So I’ve been away for a few months now, and I feel its a good time to come back to the website and write a bit about my new project – Mech Defence. New Beginnings Let me begin by mentioning that the game has nothing to do with Mechs, although they were part of the initial idea which is why I settled on the working title “Mech Defence”. Had to call it something right?
Read more →

Project Symmetry: Devblog 5

A Retrospection I can finally say that Project Symmetry is completed and now is the time to look back at what worked, what didn’t and where to head towards next. Let me begin by reiterating the goals of the project because throughout the course of development, these varied wildly. The project started about five years ago as an earnest endeavor to understand what goes into building a game, from top to bottom, unravelling as many layers as possible.
Read more →

Project Symmetry: Devblog 4

The beginning of this year marked the end of my masters degree and I was unable to get a lot of programming done. I did however manage to make some workflow improvements that have been on my todo list since the very beginning and even wrote some gameplay code! Since the beginning of the project, I have always wanted to be able to make quick releases. As I venture into the gameplay territory, its more important than ever to be able to easily distribute the game by just sharing a link and have anyone download and play the game.
Read more →

Project Symmetry: Devblog 3

As the year draws to a close, I thought it might be a good idea to squeeze in one more blog post just to document the current state the project is in. I haven’t been able to work on the project as much as I wanted. I’ve only been able to work intermittently here and there but things are ramping up! Hello again, its a bit of a mess here but its going to be alright I’ve been making a lot of progress this past month on the serialization related aspects.
Read more →

Project Symmetry: Devblog 2

So its that time of the week again, I’m starting to get used to this. Last week I was hoping to complete work on transformation related tools in the editor and to be able to add new entities to the scene through the editor. But as these things usually go, I wasn’t able to get where I wanted to. I got halfway there though! Small changes can have a significant impact I finished work on all three transformation tools, for now anyway.
Read more →